Frequently Asked Questions
- =SPACE has always been a sharedspace dedicated to opportunity and resources, and to our community’s prosperity. This is especially the case when it comes to the well-being, health, and safety of the people who work in and use our space.
We have taken the last couple of months to prepare new guidelines. These guidelines were put together with the help of medical experts, government officials, our partners, and of course, the =SPACE Team. As a sharespace dedicated to being a resource, we are committed to doing all we can to keep every person that walks through our doors healthy. For more details on the specific protocols, Please visit: https://www.equalspace.co/our-updated-covid-19-operating-standards/
- Daily, Weekly, Monthly Passes
- Monthly Private Office options
- Monthly Dedicated Desk options
- Monthly Virtual Membership options
- Communal space
- HQ private office space options (for larger teams)
- Private office space (1-6 person options available)
- Private desk space
- Conference rooms
- Huddle rooms
- Event space
- Podcast studio
- Multimedia studio
- Cafe space
You do not have to be a member to rent our conference rooms, podcast studio, event space, or multimedia studio.
- We support all forms of entrepreneurial and corporate endeavors. Our various space options allow for the accommodation of creatives, techies, consultants, and corporations alike.
No, all utilities are included!
- Visit our website
at https://www.equalspace.co , or any website of ours that links to this privacy notice
- Engage with us in other related ways, including any sales, marketing, or events
names phone numbers email addresses mailing addresses job titles contact preferences debit/credit card numbers billing addresses contact or authentication data business name business address information revealing race or ethnic origin social security numbers or other government identifiers
- Log and Usage Data. Log and usage data is service-related, diagnostic, usage, and performance information our servers automatically collect when you access or use our Services and which we record in log files. Depending on how you interact with us, this log data may include your IP address, device information, browser type, and settings and information about your activity in the Services (such as the date/time stamps associated with your usage, pages and files viewed, searches, and other actions you take such as which features you use), device event information (such as system activity, error reports (sometimes called
“crash dumps” ), and hardware settings).
- Device Data. We collect device data such as information about your computer, phone, tablet, or other device you use to access the Services. Depending on the device used, this device data may include information such as your IP address (or proxy server), device and application identification numbers, location, browser type, hardware model, Internet service provider and/or mobile carrier, operating system, and system configuration information.
- Location Data. We collect location data such as information about your device’s location, which can be either precise or imprecise. How much information we collect depends on the type and settings of the device you use to access the Services. For example, we may use GPS and other technologies to collect geolocation data that tells us your current location (based on your IP address). You can opt out of allowing us to collect this information either by refusing access to the information or by disabling your Location setting on your device. However, if you choose to opt out, you may not be able to use certain aspects of the Services.
- To send administrative information to you. We may process your information to send you details about our products and services, changes to our terms and policies, and other similar information.
- To enable user-to-user communications. We may process your information if you choose to use any of our offerings that allow for communication with another user.
- To evaluate and improve our Services, products, marketing, and your experience. We may process your information when we believe it is necessary to identify usage trends, determine the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, and to evaluate and improve our Services, products, marketing, and your experience.
To manage booking of services. Access to Cobot to reserve different amenities in our sharespace
- If collection is clearly in the interests of an individual and consent cannot be obtained in a timely way
- For investigations and fraud detection and prevention
- For business transactions provided certain conditions are met
- If it is contained in a witness statement and the collection is necessary to assess, process, or settle an insurance claim
- For identifying injured, ill, or deceased persons and communicating with next of kin
- If we have reasonable grounds to believe an individual has been, is, or may be victim of financial abuse
- If it is reasonable to expect collection and use with consent would compromise the availability or the accuracy of the information and the collection is reasonable for purposes related to investigating a breach of an agreement or a contravention of the laws of Canada or a province
- If disclosure is required to comply with a subpoena, warrant, court order, or rules of the court relating to the production of records
- If it was produced by an individual in the course of their employment, business, or profession and the collection is consistent with the purposes for which the information was produced
- If the collection is solely for journalistic, artistic, or literary purposes
- If the information is publicly available and is specified by the regulations
- Business Transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- Affiliates. We may share your information with our affiliates, in which case we will require those affiliates to
honor this privacy notice. Affiliates include our parent company and any subsidiaries, joint venture partners, or other companies that we control or that are under common control with us.
- Business Partners. We may share your information with our business partners to offer you certain products, services, or promotions.
Contact details, such as real name, alias, postal address, telephone or mobile contact number, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, and account name
B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute
Name, contact information, education, employment, employment history, and financial information
C. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law
Gender and date of birth
D. Commercial information
Transaction information, purchase history, financial details, and payment information
E. Biometric information
Fingerprints and voiceprints
F. Internet or other similar network activity
Browsing history, search history, online
G. Geolocation data
H. Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information
Images and audio, video or call recordings created in connection with our business activities
I. Professional or employment-related information
Business contact details in order to provide you our services at a business level or job title, work history, and professional qualifications if you apply for a job with us
J. Education Information
Student records and directory information
K. Inferences drawn from other personal information
Inferences drawn from any of the collected personal information listed above to create a profile or summary about, for example, an individual’s preferences and characteristics
- Receiving help through our customer support channels;
- Participation in customer surveys or contests; and
- Facilitation in the delivery of our Services and to respond to your inquiries.
- whether we collect and use your personal information;
- the categories of personal information that we collect;
- the purposes for which the collected personal information is used;
- whether we sell your personal information to third parties;
- the categories of personal information that we sold or disclosed for a business purpose;
- the categories of third parties to whom the personal information was sold or disclosed for a business purpose; and
- the business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information.
- You may object to the processing of your personal information.
- You may request correction of your personal data if it is incorrect or no longer relevant, or ask to restrict the processing of the information.
- You can designate an
authorized agent to make a request under the CCPA on your behalf. We may deny a request from an authorized agent that does not submit proof that they have been validly authorized to act on your behalf in accordance with the CCPA.
- You may request to opt out from future selling of your personal information to third parties. Upon receiving an opt-out request, we will act upon the request as soon as feasibly possible, but no later than fifteen (15) days from the date of the request submission.
Any amenity space hours outside of the allocated hours per month (monthly memberships) may incur additional fees. Event Space rentals are not included in monthly membership credits.
The 1st or 15th of the upcoming month
Late fees will be applied to your next invoice after an invoice goes two weeks without payment resolution.
- Daily: 10am – 6pm, Mon-Fri access to any available desk, Cafe space, Huddle rooms, Fiber Optic Network and Laser Printers
- Weekly: 10am – 6pm, Mon-Fri access to any available desk, 2 hours of Conference room space, Cafe space, Huddle rooms Fiber Optic Network and Laser Printers
- Monthly: 10am – 6pm, Mon-Fri access to any available desk selected, 5 hours of Conference room space/multimedia studio space [vary based on subscription], Cafe space, huddle room access Fiber Optic Network and Laser Printers
- Virtual: 10am – 6pm, Mon-Fri access to any available desk, 3 hours of Conference room space, Cafe space, Huddle rooms, mail service, Fiber Optic Network and Laser Printers
- Suite: 24/7 access to the facility, Unlimited access to Socialisto Cafe, 8 hours of conference room credit per month, Access to elite events hosted by =SPACE, Logo signage added to members wall, Fiber Optic Network and Laser Printers
- Dedicated: 24/7 access to the facility, Unlimited access to Socialisto Cafe, 8 hours. of conference room credit per month, Access to elite events hosted by =SPACE, Logo signage added to members wall, Fiber Optic Network and Laser Printers
We have all Space(r)s sign up on Cobot, our management system. On Cobot, Space(r)s can see if payment has been made and received by =SPACE on their profile
Space(r)s can edit their information on Cobot once they’ve been onboarded
Yes, Space(r)s will be able to see all their upcoming invoices on Cobot.
- You will be given a welcome document detailing the wifi information
- Contact one of our community managers via Discord
Visitors should use the guest wifi only
25+ Mbps download speed and 50+ Mbps upload speed.
- No installation is needed. All Space(r)s need to do is link to the WiFi network the printer is on. An info sheet is given to all Space(r)s on printer connection in their welcome package.
For suite members, yes!
- We pride ourselves on being a safe and brave space for all who enter our facilities. We do not permit bullying or harassment of any kind. Any person that conducts themselves in a discriminatory manner, spreading bigotry, ableism, racism, sexism, homophobia, transphobia, islamophobia, or xenophobia will be removed from our facilities and banned indefinitely. Every member will receive the “house rules” once they confirm their membership, which details other community guidelines in place.
- Suite members can bring visitors into their suite as long as COVID protocols are followed. Non-suite members can bring visitors for up to 2 hours. Any visitor staying longer than 2 hours will be required to purchase a day pass.
Every spacer will be given an =SPACE Point of Contact sheet with all =SPACE staff names, phone numbers and emails listed.
90% of our digital and hybrid programming is free. We try to provide open access to resources and opportunities to all of our community members and help them grow.
You can find all of our ongoing and future programs listed on our programming page.
Yes, our paid programs, which only make up 10% of our yearly programming, supports our free programs. When you purchase a ticket to one of our signature events, you are directly supporting our ability to continue supporting the community at large.
You can find all of our ongoing and future programs listed on our programming page. Make sure to also follow us on social media to stay up to date on all activations at =SPACE. IG & Twitter: @equalspaceo | FB: Facebook.com/spaceequal
- Space(r)s that book our event space are permitted to bring non-distilled alcoholic beverages, such as beer, seltzers, wines, ciders and spirits for their events, but individuals under 21 are not permitted to these events.
- We have security measures in place to maximize safety, but if you would like to bring in your own security guards you are free to do so.
- =SPACE has both technical and physical security solutions to ensure the protection of our Space(r)s, their employees, and the confidential information that is handled within our spaces. =SPACE deploys video management and access control systems, to ensure only authorized employees and/or Space(r)s have proper access privileges.
We will only ask for your personal information in the event of drafting your membership contract.
=SPACE will collect all mail delivered to =SPACE and forward to Space(r)s desired address. Postage fees are not included.
The =SPACE team checks the mail multiple times a day and will notify the spacer once we have received a mail or package delivery for them.
Contact the community manager(s) immediately.
Contact the community manager(s) and they will coordinate with building management on the spacer’s behalf.
Space(r)s can place items in the refrigerator and only access any items they bring. Any items in the refrigerator that the spacer did not bring, the spacer must get permission from the community manager(s) beforehand.
Contact the community manager(s) immediately.
Contact the community manager(s).
- Garbage is collected and all touch points are wiped down every day. =SPACE has a cleaning service every 3 weeks. If any Spacer wants their suite cleaned during that time they will need to coordinate with the community manager(s).
- Contact the community manager(s).
- Contact the community manager(s) and coordinate accordingly.
- Yes, as long as the spacer removes their furniture upon departure. However, these items must be removed once the spacer’s membership has ended. The spacer will be charged for the removal of any of their remaining furniture, past 15 days of membership expiration.
Our suites are oriented to maximize the privacy of our Space(r)s.
- Suite members can hang logo signage outside their office. To discuss specifics, contact the community manager(s).